Objectives and strategies
Micro - SMEs being the largest employers, the transfer of business between generations is a very important phase of their life cycle.
Additionally, in terms of the objectives that will be addressed:
- support participating micro-SMEs in training and further training activities in the acquisition and the use of knowledge, skills and qualifications to facilitate personal development, employability and participation in the European labor market
- support on improvement of quality and innovation in training systems, institutions and practices
- improve the co-operation between institutions and development of innovative ICT - based tools.
In To Generation Project will provide mobile learning adjusted to the needs of micro-SME business owners. After all, 91.8 % of the SME's are micro-SMEs with less than 10 employees. And they necessitate short concise training, to the point and portable. In addition the Project will focus on this sector and will provide the training material to micro-SME in a way that addresses their needs for a flexible training, anytime, anywhere, and customised to their needs:
- Development of a new curriculum and training material based mainly on case studies and good practices
- A mobile self assessment tool to guide micro-SME owners and successors in making correct decisions, with also an online version that can be used for group training sessions
- E-book that will be capturing the above as well and will be accessible via mobiles
- Pilot trials in all partner countries
In addition for achieving highest efficiency will be developed:
- A dedicated curriculum and training material that will allow successors of micro-SME businesses to learn (remotely) at their own pace how they can do so successfully (via piloting)
- A mobile and online training platform that will provide the necessary support for an efficient and effective acquisition of skills sets.